Why is it that after October 31st, the noble pumpkin is all but forgotten, save for a pureed presentation during Thanksgiving dessert? Our favorite squash still has much to offer in the coming weeks! They're typically available in grocery stores until the end of the mouth, although according to the produce manager at the Whole Foods I'd Like to Move Into, they could sell out before Turkey Day. So get to buyin'!
1) Eli's Pumpkin Cheesecake - a Chicago classic!
2) Spicy Indian Pumpkin Soup - Spicy spin on soup, from IndiaCurryRecipes.com
3) Vegan/Gluten Free Pumpkin Swirl Brownies - Watch your intake but still indulge, from TheFriendlyKitchen.com
4) Pumpkins and Pomegranates - So pretty! From Sunset Magazine
5) Elegant pumpkins - Wouldn't this look great on your porch? Also from Sunset
6) Floral Centerpiece - Perfect for a small entry table, from Real Simple
7) Pumpkin Caipirinha - A Brazilian take on American squash, from Leblon Cachaca (and it's pronounced "kai-pur-EEN-ya")
9) Pumpkin French 75 - A classic cocktail, pumpkin-style! From CocktailTimes.com